Dear grade four families,
|Coming Up & Due Dates…|
- E-Learning Week – Jan 4-8
|Parent Info. & Thank You|
Hope you had a wonderful & relaxing break!
Thank you for supporting your child’s e-learning as we begin tomorrow at 8am sharp on a google meet as a class. The link will be in their google classrooms at the top. Please have them log in 5-10 minutes early as it may take a while for them to sign in the first time.
Their daily schedule is posted in google classroom at the top under “Help for Parents”. ALL their log ins were provided in their home learning envelope package that was sent home before the break. The log ins have also been sent home many times through e-mail and remind. Please check there before letting me know if you don’t have the log in, however if you cannot find it after that then let me know as i’d be happy to help.
If you have any issues with Tech please let the WGH office know as they have many people available for troubleshooting and to help assist you with any issues you may be experiencing.
Students will be working on different assignments during this week of e-learning.
Pink & Purple Group will be reviewing these topics from December & tested on them after they return to school before starting their next unit:
- Estimating Sums
- Adding 2-Digit & 3-Digit Numbers
- Using Mental Math to Add
- Estimating Differences
- Subtracting 2-Digit & 3-Digit Numbers
- Using Mental Math to Subtract
- Solving Addition & Subtraction Problems
Green Group will be starting a new unit & covering these topics:
- Using Doubles to Multiply
- Multiplying by 1, by 0, and by 10
- Using Skip Counting to Multiply
- Other Strategies for Multiplying
- Using Patterns in a Multiplication Chart
Please have your children also practice these concepts on the assignments i’ve assigned them on Mathletics.
They can also practice these concepts on:
- Writing: This week we will spend 30 minutes a day on Journal Writing.
- Spelling: Students are working on spelling and building their vocabulary with the Words Their Way Program. Students will be tested on their words at the end of every week, so it is necessary they practice their word sorts daily.
- Reading Comprehension: Our reading comprehension has 2 different stories this week which students will need to read and complete daily. “Pigs? The Perfect Pet” for Orange and Yellow Groups. “Egyptian Pyramids” for Pink, Purple, Blue, and Green Groups.
- Reading Practice: D.E.A.R (Drop Everything And Read) from 11-11:30 everyday on Reading Eggs or a physical book at home.
No Social Studies this week.
Studies will be learning about wheels and axles, levers, wind, and more this week while building a balloon car!
No Health this week.
|Leader in Me|
Habit #3 – Put First Things First!
In Habit #3 – Put First Things First, we will be putting these morals into action by being responsible for our own learning during our week of e-learning:
- Prioritize – Leaders learn to prioritize and do the most important things first.
- Say No to Less Important Things – Saying no to less important things gives you time to focus on the important things in your life and what really matters.
- Roles & Goals – You play many roles – son or daughter, student, team member, friend, sibling, class leader, and more! With each role you have important things to do! Use your skills of prioritizing and saying no to less important things to help you thrive in each of your roles.
- Organization – Organized leaders are efficient; they are able to do more with their same amount of time.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. You can send me a message on Remind or send me an e-mail.
Cheers & Happy New Year!